Ten Reasons Why I Love My Husband

26 Mar

After twenty years of marriage, I still love my husband.  Here are ten reasons why:

1.  He shares three kids with me, a dog, and on the nights he’s not snoring, a bed.

2.  He supplies me with life insurance, cable TV, and belly laughs.

3. He makes the best homemade garlic pickles.

4. He knows finance, politics, and when its time for my estrogen cream rubdowns.

5. He’s smart but tells me I’m smarter, even though it’s a lie.

6. He puts me before the Jets.

7.  He keeps the family safe by setting the burglar alarm each night and keeping a 33” Louisville Slugger under his side of the bed, just in case . . .

8.  He protects me from embarrassment by reminding me to lower my voice in public after my second glass of wine.

9. He’s my hero. (A distinction he’s shared with only two other men:  my dad and my hair stylist).

10.  He loves me more than the dog—even if he tells her more often . . .

~ Happy Anniversary Chris~

Like this post?  Follow my blog and get loads more free of charge!

About these ads

27 Responses to “Ten Reasons Why I Love My Husband”

1. Grown and Flown March 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Love this. If marriages last longer with humor, you are set!

2. Paprika Furstenburg March 26, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Very sweet post! Will he be guest posting one about you? Happy Anniversary!

3. Audubon Ron March 26, 2012 at 3:44 pm #

Happy Anniversary!!!

4. sportsattitudes March 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Was just saying to the wife last evening how humor is such a bedrock, a foundation crucial to a solid relationship. I’m betting Chris is almost as funny as you are. Almost…Happy Anniversary, Lisa!

5. crubin March 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Uh oh. The pressure is on. My husband keeps telling me I should devote a blog post to him…

Congratulations on your 20 years. A great accomplishment. My hubby and I are going on 24 years (good thing I got married young–no one would have me now). Have a great anniversary!

6. Life in the Boomer Lane March 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

Happy Anniversary. My son-in-law puts my daughter before the Jets. I think.

7. prachi jain March 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

Awwww! This is so sweet and funny. Love it.

8. Jen and Tonic March 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

What a great post! A man who gives you estrogen cream rubdowns, puts you before football and who warns you about your drunken volume? KEEPER.

• Huffygirl March 26, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

I hope he’s not getting any of that estrogen cream on himself – or is THAT why he’s so kind and sensitive? :)

9. Tina March 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Awwwwwwww, sweet. Happy Anniversary. (I thought my husband was the only one who kept a baseball bat by the bed!!!!!!!!)

10. writerwendyreid March 26, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

Happy Anniversary Lisa. This post was really nice (and funny). :-)

11. morristownmemos by Ronnie Hammer March 26, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

I think the next time you two have an argument you should read this post and remember the warm, sweet feelings you have for each other.

Ronnie

12. Huffygirl March 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

Wow, he sounds pretty good, and an awfully lot like my husband. Weren’t we lucky to find those good guys? I don’t think they’re making as many like them anymore. Better hang on to him – after letting the secret of his wonderfullness out, lots of women are probably lining up to try to take him away from you. Happy anniversary.

13. earthriderjudyberman March 26, 2012 at 10:14 pm #

Sounds like a keeper. Happy Anniversary to both of you.

14. Main Street Musings Blog March 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

-Grown and Flown: I’ll ask my 5th husband what he thinks. Kidding–Chris is my one and only. :)
    -Paprika: He and I made a pact. I won’t ask him to post a blog if he doesn’t ask me for my cutting-edge expertise in achieving optimal capital structure for assets.
    -Ron: Thanks!
    -Sportsattitudes: Humor IS a bedrock–I am to Chris what Wilma is to Fred.
    -Crubin: 24 years! Based on your youthful look you married young indeed!
    -Life in the Boomer Lane: Your son-in-law is a wise man.
    -Prachi: Thank you!
    -Jen and Tonic: But I didn’t mention what he does after the 3rd glass. ;) JK
    -Tina: Glad you’re safe!
    -writerwendyreid: Much appreciated!
    -Morristownmemos: sage advice!
    -Huffygirl: I didn’t think of that. Hands off, girls!
    -earthriderjudyberman: Thanks so much!

15. thelaughingmom March 27, 2012 at 3:33 am #

Happy Anniversary! Love the picture and would love it if my guy made pickles.

16. funnyortragic March 28, 2012 at 7:28 am #

You were WAY too nice. When my hubby asked me what anniversary year it was (you know, paper, silver, etc) I said “bling”. So for our anniversary next week, I told him he better get me bling. I will have a veeeery different story to write than yours if I don’t get my gold grill and and hefty gold dollar sign pendant studded with diamonds…

17. Main Street Musings Blog March 28, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

thelaughingmom: Thank you!
    funnyortragic: Glad to see you back among the living! Eager to hear what your anniversary brings. . .

18. notquiteold March 30, 2012 at 1:17 am #

It really IS that simple. Happy anniversary.

19. Sylver Blaque April 1, 2012 at 1:42 am #

Awww! This is the sweetest testament to long-lasting love. Happy anniversary! :)

20. Jennifer Worrell April 1, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Congrats, and happy anniversary…here’s to many more pickles, glasses of wine, and giggles…sweet post!

21. Dr. Cynicism April 2, 2012 at 12:12 am #

“estrogen cream rubdowns”?! Oh dear god, please don’t tell my wife that these things exist.

22. Sherry Stanfa-Stanley April 2, 2012 at 2:36 am #

Such a charming post–and a wonderfully charmed life, it seems.

So glad you appreciate him and everything your life together offers.

My next-door neighbors’ son, who also happens to be my distant cousin, is a new kicker for the Jets. So please tell your husband to look for Travis Baltz when he’s cheering on his favorite football team!

23. Main Street Musings Blog April 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

@notquiteold–Thank you!
    @Sylver Blaque–Love the “love alliteration!”
    @Jennifer Worrell-Thanks, and Cheers!
    @Dr. Cynicism – I won’t tell. But just remember love is a two way street!
    @Sherry Stanfa-Stanley – I will pass that on to my husband!

24. Betty Londergan April 17, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

What a sweet anniversary post! You sound like a very happy married lady — and your husband is obviously both a catch … and a VERY lucky man to have you!!!

25. WordsFallFromMyEyes November 28, 2013 at 5:13 am #

Beautiful. Joyous indeed :)